Saturday, October 2, 2010

ZZTotgirl

Who is ZZTotgirl?

Mackenzie Nicole...born on the Sixteenth of August, Two Thousand and Seven. Our first child. When Mackenzie was born, I saw my heart. For the first time, I felt a different kind of love, so powerful and intense that I knew that, if something were to happen to her, it would destroy me. I no longer mattered for me, but for her. Every day felt like Christmas. I could not WAIT to see her face in the morning, hold her and snuggle her and play with her and be her Mommy.

So, that's the simple answer...but myMackenzie...not that simple, not at all!

Mackenzie's Totgirl persona evolved as part of Facebook. Around the time I joined, she started to become something other than a baby and not quite a person, per se; In fact. she was somewhat alien at the time...so I referred to her as 'The Tot' or 'Totgirl.' I shared stories of the Totgirl's antics. She never failed to provide me with with ample material...still does! Still makes me laugh every day...well, almost...

Totgirl can be incredibly sweet and lovable....
(And is known for her hats)

Has her own sense of style...
(She has this hat in green too and a favorite memory is watching her in her carseat bopping her head with the green hat on to Pink's song, 'So What,' which she called the 'Na, Na" song)

Likes to be silly....

Has been described by many who know her as veryveryvery 'busy'....

She beats to her own drum for sure...see naked tot, loaded with purses....
( I was convinced at one point she had bag lady aspirations or was going to be a nudist pack rat - actually, that one is still a possibility)

Definitely a bit mischievous....
(armed and dangerous...still a favorite Totgirl activity)

And, well...totgirl isn't afraid to let you know if she doesn't like something....
(Yep, everyone might say she looks like her dad, but she definitely has my 'tude...attitude that is!)

Mackenzie's second year would be 'The Year of ZZ.' While I consider the ZZ to be part of the Totgirl persona, ZZ proper evolved somewhere during the latter part of 20some months of age. Out of the blue one day, while on the changing table, Mackenzie referred to herself as 'ZZ.' From there, she became ZZ. Sometimes we would just call her Z or Zeez. But it was on that day that ZZ  was born.
During her reign, ZZ turned (terribly) two...

And, just four days later, became a big sister...

ZZ loved to play babies...
(Before Zachy was born she used to put her babies in her play kitchen oven and head down in the sink...I figured we were in for some trouble once the baby came!)

She loved to play with her Little People, who we called 'The Girls' and would get them all together for a party...
(Her collection and parties grew considerably over the year...)

She could be slow to warm up and cautious, but was bizarrely fearless with animals...
(still is...)

She loved hats and at around two suddenly started to use a pacifier as a prop, which she called an 'a-fier'...
(One day while watching Barney, she HAD TO HAVE a party hat...this was the best I could do on such short notice!)

Have I mentioned she is a bit of a rebel...or, as I like to say...she is spirited....
(One of my FAVORITE pictures of ZZtotgirl....I think it captures her essence just perfectly)

She became quite the daredevil...

She developed her own sense of style. Her winter outfits went something like this, down to the (too small) black paten leather shoes...



Some two year olds have a comfort item, a lovey...ZZtheDivaTotgirl had an entourage...that grew....and grew....and grew....

And who could forget the hats! As her Tot B peeps would say, 'Don't mess with the hat!'

Hats...yep, even when she napped...and she would change from her black paten leather shoes to her slippers...

Definitely loves to be a naked (this is where country living DOES came in handy)...and loves running....
(Okay, is that a cute bum bum or WHAT?!?!)

ZZ spent her summer in dresses...

She's got her own PunkyBrewster kind of style going on...

ZZtotgirl always wants to go 'HIGHER! HIGHER!'...

 ZZtot potty trained during her second year...
 (She liked to park cars while she did the 'number two' thing...)

Truthfully, try as I may, it is sososo hard to truly do justice to my ZZtot....

SHE'S A NUT!


SHE'S GOT SASSY DOWN!


SHE LOVES TO LAUGH!


 SHE IS LOVABLE AND SWEET AND KIND AND CARING....


SHE'S ADVENTUROUS....


SHE'S A BIG SISTER...AS SUCH, I GET TO KNOW HER AND LOVE HER IN A WHOLE OTHER WAY...



 SHE'S SPIRITED AND LOVES TO BE A 'CRAZY GIRL'...


 SHE MELTS ME HEART...


Right before she turned three, she decided she was no longer to be called ZZ, she was to be called Mackenzie...but to me, she'll always be my little ZZtotgirl...


Momma loves you...Miss Mackenzie Nicole...Totgirl...ZZ...ZZtotgirl...LOVES YOU LIKE CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment