Thursday, October 21, 2010

ByeByeBabyRoom

Today was Zachy's last day in the BabyRoom. WOW. Yep, on Tuesday he will go to play with the Toddler A's. He will have his own little cubby and hook. I suppose this makes him officially a big totboy.

Today he spent most of his day in the Todds Room. He went after breakfast.

We got a 'Snapshot of My Day' Report from the Todds. And, it went something like this...
Activities he enjoyed: Digging in the sandbox with the spoon, sliding on the big slide, crawling in the grass with the balls.
Foods I ate: (Breakfast: Infant Room); Lunch: Chicken, wheat bun, bananas, milk.
Naptime: 12-3 (WHAT? THREE HOURS, seriously? Uh, Zachy...I only got an hour out of you this week. Everyone else got more....)
Other Information: I had a great time :-)!!
So, that was Zachary's first unofficial day there. Miss Amy told Dad that he cried a bit at naptime and they tried to give him a bottle and them something for teething. Both, which he just pushed away and then suddenly, he just went to sleep. He does that sometimes. It's a little weird. But he slept for THREE HOURS. I guess they tire them out in the Todds Room.

Mackenzie did not seem to notice he was gone. I think that's a good thing. We'll see how she does next week when it's official, but I think maybe she went through some of her grieving already and has accepted that he will move. Tonight she said she was sad, but then she moved right along to the next topic/activity.

I had a little email with Miss Kim about Zachy today. Thanking her for all that they have done and apologizing for not doing something more...I have been in some denial over the transition. But, here's what she had to say:
Hi Kim,
Thanks so much for the expression of gratitude...I have always felt very appreciated by you and Jeff.
Thank- YOU for sharing Zachary with us!
I, too, have been in a little bit of denial about Zach's transition, it seems to have come upon us so fast! He is a really sweet, special little boy. I have been so amused by his little antics and have marveled at the personality that is just beginning to emerge. It's not fair that we have to say good-bye just as we are becoming so bonded. : (
I look forward to watching Zach grow up here, just as I have watched Mackenzie grow.
 Kim
P.S. I heard Zach is doing great in Toddler A, he had lunch with them and is now taking his  nap with them.
And with that, Thank You Infant Room Teachers....Miss Kim, Miss Karla (Zachy's 'chosen one'), Miss Jeannine (you are missed), and Miss Rabia...How grateful I am to all of you for what awesome care you have taken of my children. Nurturing them. Enjoying them. Loving them. The opportunity to work with you all has been a most wonderful Blessing, even more than I ever would have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment