Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reconnecting

Driving home from work I find myself eager to reconnect with my babies. I find myself picturing the scene that will be waiting for me when I walk in the door.

Due to cooler weather, Totgirl has worn pants to school this week, which has made getting dressed in the morning a bit precarious. She does not like things around her waist, which is why she loves her summer dresses. But, we have gotten her into pants and she is developing somewhat of a liking for jeans. Picking out a shirt, on the other hand, is, shall we say, a process.

Oh, I had a point...as I was driving home and looking forward to seeing my kids, I smiled because I could picture her getting home and wiggling out of her pants, which is what she does first thing when she wears pants to school. Then she relaxes a bit on the couch, watching some tv and transitioning back to being home. Sure enough, I walk in and that's exactly what my vision of sweetness is doing.

As I was driving home, I could picture dear Zachy fussing just a little cause, really, his transition starts when I get home. When he hears me approaching, he fusses a little louder; His way of saying, 'Momma get in here NOW! Let's snuggle!' Yep, that's exactly what he did...two for two...but today he looked  extracute in his little blue hooded jacket.

Zachy's daily report said:
'Zachary visited Toddler A with Rabia this A.M. She said he was more comfortable today exploring further out. Mackenzie was sad when she found out Zachary was with the Todds but quickly calmed down and was happy to see Zachary through the window at lunch.'
So, the transition is in full swing. Looks like it will be time to talk to Mackenzie a little again about Zachy moving to the Toddler A room. She's smart, she knows it is coming, but she might need some TLC around it as well. I'm feeling nervous, nervous about his first full day with the Todds and realizing he only has four days left in the Infant Room. MiaMomma says, 'Oh, Mama Mia, Mama Mia!' But, I have to remember what an amazing job the school, the teachers did when Mackenzie transitioned and have faith that Zachy will transition with ease and that he is ready for the move.

We had a good night tonight. Mackenzie is officially a MiniMiaMomma. She monitors Zachy and tells him things like, 'No, that a choking hazard.' And, fortunately, she tends to know what are actually choking hazards. As he went through my purse object by object, she was a great helper and took away things he should not have. Then Dad joined to provide a little extra supervision and they both just watched as Zachy ransacked my purse. Then Dad put lipstick on Mackenzie and she told him to put it on Zachy and he said he couldn't put lipstick on Zachy and then they danced to YoGabbaGabba and so on and so on...it all was pretty funny to watch.

Zachy continues to go to bed ridiculously easy. I LOVE it. Mackenzie, cross your fingers, is putting herself down to sleep for the second night in a row. I think she is trying to work us for a 'princess' bed. If she keeps this up, might have to work something out FAST!

So, there we have it. Workdays, even if they are only two, are lonnnnngggg and the evening goes too fast, but I love that time when I get home and get to see those supersweetsweet kids of mine and just enjoy them, enjoy my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment