Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ZachyDitchDay

I stayed home with Zachy today. Yesterday and the evening before he had a low grade temp along with irritability, some decrease in appetite, and a barking cough. Although he was not particularly lethargic, Mackenzie had Croup a couple of years ago, so I had some concern about that or some other respiratory condition. Yesterday he would have been sent home from totbabycollege for sure (although of course yesterday was a day at home). Not wanting to have to call out this morning or inconvenience my co-workers, I decided to call out yesterday for today. I would have preferred to watch him more last night and reassess this morning, but I thought almost surely it would need to be a day home for him. So, I did.

Today, he is just fine. I have a propensity for feeling guilty, and, as such, do feel guilty. But this is offset by what a fine day we are having. Zachy is in great spirits. Yes, he still has a cough. But his temp is gone. He is not irritable or fussy at all - probably because there is no totcompetition going on. This is really the first time we have been alone for any length of time since my maternity leave. We were home one Tuesday and Thursday at the summer's beginning, but that time he was really sick. So, today we get to just hang. Just Zachy and Momma. I have to admit...I'm Lovin' It! Guilt aside, today has been a gift; I got to enjoy my babyZachy and pay him my undivided attention. Thank you, Zachy for a WONDERFUL today!

We played ball...
 He played with his tractor...
 He went through the play kitchen cupboards I had just 'organized'...
 He made his way outside and played in his mini-sandbox...
 Practiced his walking...
 We took a walk in the hills...MiaMomma got a GREAT workout and Zachy enjoyed the scenery...
 He took a two plus hour nap...what a CUTE sleeping babe he is! 
 Practicing whistles...
 Block play...
 And, he 'helped' MiaMomma do some laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment