Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PickUp

I picked up the kids today from totbabycollege all by myself. Not only do I rarely get to pick them up since my work days are only two but long, whenever I do get out a little early, I just meet Jeff there and it becomes a family occasion of sorts. But, since Jeff watched them yesterday, he needed to work a little longer today. That made it all my show. I had to remember all the technicalities of where you sign out and what you pick up and all that good stuff.

I was very excited. I am pretty sure I have not worked two consecutive days since having my kids, therefore not been 'away' from them that much all at once. So, I could not wait to give them hugs and kiss their yummy faces!

First I got Zachy. I took off my shoes, walked in and NO ZACHY! Miss Rabia sent me down the the Tot A room where he gone for an afternoon visit along with his beloved Miss Karla. I walked down with just a slight feeling of apprehension and was not sure if I was ready to see my BABY with the 'Big Kids.' But I do adore the Tot A teachers, so that helped ease the anxiety some. I walked through the familiar Tot A's room and could still picture Mackenzie playing in there. TWO YEARS AGO! She went in there a baby, left a Toddler and is now a Little Girl, all in TWO YEARS! Bittersweet, because it has gone so quickly. Am I really ready for MyBabyZachy to officially begin his rapid journey from Baby to Toddler to Little Boy in just six days?  Guess I have to be. Thursday will be his final day in the Infant Room. Whaaaa.

He was out on the playground. Sitting in the wood chips. Studying and taking in his surroundings. A few 'bigger' kids running around. Miss Karla close by. He looked darling sitting there in his new blue sweatpants and his Pooh jacket. He smile when he saw me and crawled over. I told Miss Karla that her 'boyfriend' was going to be moving up next week. She smiled sadly. She said it goes far too fast and that she will miss him like crazy. We talked for a few more minutes. I said Hi to Miss Amy who will take over next week along with Miss Debra. Kids love them both and they have such a natural way with the little Tots. I know he will be in good hands. And, no doubt Miss Lisa and Miss Sara from Tot B will keep their caring, watchful eyes on him as well.

His second to last daily report from the Infant Room said:

Zachary was full of Ut-Oh's today! He said a particularly big Ut-Oh after enthusiastically clearing his lunch off the tray! :-) Kim
Then we went to the Preschool Room to get Mackenzie. I had already talked to her over the fence when I went to the Infant Yard looking for Zachy before realising he was in the other room. She was sweet, holding my hand through the fence and told me how happy she was to see me. I explained to her that I had to go get Zachy from the Toddler A room and she said she would see me in a little bit and ran off to play with her friends. So grown up she has become. More secure and confident all the time. Warm fuzzies. When I returned to the Preschool Room, she was waiting outside with her face plastered to the door. She let us come out and gave Zachy and me big hugs. We said our Good Byes and then chatted and sang songs all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment