Saturday, October 16, 2010

NotaBaby

Last week after I looked at photos from our fantabulous Momma/ZachyDitchDay, I noticed he is NOT a baby anymore. I felt sad.  Strangely though, I'm not too sure I'd call him a toddler, not quite yet anyways. But he is fast on his way to approaching toddlerhood. Maybe that line will be crossed when he finally walks? Whenever that might be. He wants to take that first step, just not happening, not yet anyways. But he does love standing, yes he does.

There are signs of toddlerhood. His face doesn't look so much like a baby anymore. It is starting to look more little-boyperson like. The lack of hair is a bit of a deterrent to his evolving 'older' look, but Mackenzie was often confused at first glance for being younger than she was since her hair also took so long to grow in (actually it still is slowly growing longer). Let's see, what else? He is aware of and communicating his needs in different ways, not just through reflexive crying. I have mentioned it recently, but he totally has the idea that words are the way to go. He tries. And, his play is changing. He no longer just puts everything his mouth and bangs it around and together. He tries to figure out how to mailpulate things and is starting to imitate things he sees his enviornment, like talking on the phone. So, the signs are here. Time for me to accept it is happening.

It's hard for me to say goodbye to babyZachy. What does this mean? Can I still call him Zachy? Or do I have to call him Zach now?

This is reminiscent of when he got his first tooth and I cried. Pathetic I know. I was in such a hurry for Mackenzie to have all her 'firsts.' Not Zachy. He can stay a baby as long as he likes. Just kidding! I know he needs to grow and develop. It's just a little bittersweet saying bye to the baby days. I guess it's time to accept his todder days are coming, to which I say....BRING IT my DearSweetBaby...I mean...my DearSweetTOTZachy!

Just doesn't seem all that long ago....

Yep, definitely NotaBaby! Not anymore. He's gonna make a cute totboy though, isn't he?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment