Monday, October 11, 2010

SimplyEnchanting


MiaMomma Update on my two little totlets...
Zachy's standing gets better and better all the time. He almost took a step today, so Dad says. But, myZachy won't take his first step without Me there to see...NO WAY! (We'll see if I eat my words on this one, because I do predict his first 'step' will happen in the next one to two weeks.) Zachy wore his tennis shoes around the house for the first time yesterday. Well, really the second time, but this was the first time he was able to get around and maneuver in them.

The first time was probably four to six weeks ago and his legs just could not handle shoes yet...
But, today he did not seem burdened by them at all. He even practiced walking a little in them...
Yay Zachy!
Retro photo alert....
Little Miss Mackenzie in August 2008 the first time she put on shoes...

What else? Zachy is using his 'words' more and more. He and Mackenzie had an 'Ut-oh' exchange today. She said, 'Ut-oh,' in reference to something she was doing not turning out to her satisfaction and he perked right up, looked at her, and said, 'Ut-oh,' right back. He was very excited to hear her say his word and to be able to respond. CuteCuteCute, I tell ya. I think he might know the sign for 'More.' And, he seems to be saying 'Ada' for Dada. He is trying to imitate words and totally has the idea that things have names. Watching him figure out this whole language thing, is simply enchanting I tell you.

'Ut-oh!'

Now, totgirl's turn...This week she very wishfully looked at me and said, 'I hope I be a Momma too.' The next morning she, all of the sudden, walks over to me, totally glowing, and says, 'I a Momma now' while carrying a baby wrapped in a blanket. I asked her what the baby's name is and she said, 'Kim.' That's my name...yes MiaMomma's name it is! Yippeeeee!

She has taken very good care of babyKim, even took her to the PumpkinPatch...

This means we might be back to playing one of totgirl's favorite games, 'Babies,' which means taking out every blanket and pillow and random piece of cloth and baby clothing and stuffed animal and baby and...this leads me to my next point....Totgirl's imaginative play continues to develop by leaps and bounds. Turns out, this imaginative leap directly correlates to a bigger mess, since now anything and everything represents something in her dramatic play games. I would like to say I have successfully guided her in being a fabulous helper who cleans up after herself...but nope...that's coming next totgirl. At the end of the day, I am fascinated by the arbitrary things I find around.

(this hardly does justice to just how intricate her BabyGame Production gets!)
(yet again, this hardly does justice to just HOW much this child of mine gets going on!)

And, as she plays, she chatters. Often, I cannot hear what she is saying well enough to understand, but hearing that sweet little voice totally involved in whatever it is she is doing is....well....simply enchanting.

I guess that sums up motherhood with two little ones. We have our good days, we have our not so good days, but the things that make me get through the not so good, are the manymanymoments that are...SimplyEnchanting. And, fortunately, those are in ABUNDANCE! Thank you, Miss Mackenzie and Mr. Zachary...I love you both with ALL that I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment