Sunday, November 14, 2010

YayZachy!

YayZachy! He took his FIRST Steps today. Whoot-Whoot! Six days shy of fifteen months.

I wish I could package the look of pure joy and pride on Zachy's face as he took those steps! Priceless. Absolutely Priceless. I'm Smiling just thinking about it.

Here's how it went down. Zachy was 'brushing' his teeth for the first time. Yes, two firsts in like two minutes. Overachiever! He was soooo excited when I gave him his toothbrush. He knew EXACTLY what it was for and started brushing away. We were sitting down. He decided to stand up. Multitasking. Just like his Momma. Then he almost took a step. I thought to myself, I think he's still a couple of weeks away. Well, I think he has Extrasensory Perception (ESP) because right then he took a step. WOW! He did it. He took a step! Yippppeeee! With his left foot. His right foot tried to follow and he almost fell into a center split, but then caught his balance and, ByGosh, he stepped with his right foot and then his left foot and took about six to seven more steps! All with a toothbrush in his mouth (Bad Momma I know, but I was not about to ruin his excellent moment over a silly technicality!). He was so PROUD of himself. The Look. I LOVELOVELOVE that Look! It's the BEST! Mackenzie got the same Look when she took her first steps. Come to think of it, they were both about the same place in the living room.

He took a couple more steps, but was too excited to focus at that point. So, he took my hand and then Mackenzie's and we walked with him. That pleased him.

I suppose this means he is officially a Totboy. Some say it is when they turn One; Others say it is when they Walk; I say it is when they do Both. I don't know if I would say he is actually walking just yet, but he's far enough into being One that I think that along with Steps counts. So, yah. He's a Totboy.

In other Zachy news:
  •  I have mentioned before how he LOVES to be outside. He now brings his shoes to me as a way of 'asking.'
  • I think he is almost saying 'Mommy' in addition to 'Momma!'
  • Have I already mentioned that he says 'Up' when he wants Up?
  • He competes with Mackenzie for my attention. If she is trying to sit on my lap, he will start saying 'Momma' and then starts to push her off.
  • Nobody makes him laugh harder than Mackenzie. When they are in a zone together, they are in The Zone!
  • Oh, and he only pooped three times today. His poor bum is covered with diaper rash, but this is an improvement. Praying it is even better for him tomorrow!
Not new news, but I Love Him. I Love watching all the New and Exciting things he is learning to do and watching his Personality evolve. I Love his Humor and his Sweetness. I Love His Being. Gosh, I am Lucky! Incredibly Lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment