Monday, November 29, 2010

TotRules&CrabbyZachy

Mackenzie has become a selective listener. Not really a recent 'become.' She probably 'became' one longer ago than I realize. Difference is, she acknowledges when she is and is not listening. Like if I repeat myself, just in case she didn't hear me the first time, she'll say to me, 'Momma, I not listening to you.' Thanks for clarifying run-your-own-program-totgirl. Or, she might let me know when she is listening, expecting excessive praise I'm sure, which she gets of course. Today she let me know she was not listening to me today, but assured me that she would be sure to listen in Preschool tomorrow.

She's very much into rules when she wants to be. She likes to be big sisterly to Zachy and tries hard to explain things to his uncooperative, impulsive fifteen month old self. It's rather amusing, especially since, as is obvious from the previous paragraph, her own desire to follow rules is rather tenuous at best. She tries though. Yes the girl does, in her own little ways. It's all about pushing limits at this age. Push.Push.Push. That's life with a three year old, I suppose.

Zachy was really crabby today. Nothing was right in his world. Me thinks it's teething. He seems to struggle more with teething than she did. Definitely rough on him. He's having a difficult time at bedtime as well. I think maybe he's in a new phase and we need to adjust his nighttime routine some. Maybe try to the whole cry it out thing. Yah, like that'll happen. Right now he goes down easier for Dad than he does Me. I start the process, but usually, unless he's really pooped, Dad finishes. My guess is he's ready to start the weaning thing, but he and I have not figured out how to make that Okay. It'll come.

Tomorrow I work and they are off to the Totcollege.  They've been off for six days due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. Zachy had really started to complete his adjustment in the Toddler A room, so hopefully this extended break of sorts won't set him back any.

Let's do a couple TotMusings from today, shall we?
  • Very dramatically, 'Momma, Will you save me so Zachy doesn't get my toys?' I have to hand it to her. Despite how dramatically she said it, she was trying to ask for help instead of taking matters into her hands...aka hitting, pushing, grabbing and yelling.
  • Her response to me saying I needed to eat? (Laughing), 'Mommy's don't eat.' My inability to lose weight would suggest otherwise, but it was funny nonetheless. A reminder that in the totworld, we exist soley to meet their needs and any needs we have are but a minor inconvience.
  • While hanging out with me in the bathroom (remember, once you become a Mother, potty time is no longer private), she reprimands me for taking too much toilet paper and 'Wasting' and then throws it in the garbage and tears off the correct amount for me. Love the disconnect!
ZachyMusing...
  • Mackenzie had her cars lined up on the climber and he started to take them. She screamed of course. When he tried again, I sternly said his name. He turned and looked at me with the most devilish look. The boy knows what he's doing! Poor totgirl doesn't stand a chance!
  • Mackenzie yelled No at him and he started yelling it right back at her, over and over and over again, laughing all along. Not sure he really even knows what it means. But he sure loves to taunt her!
TwoGoodThings...
  1. Mackenzie and I had a rockin' dance party. Good for our souls! Zachy mostly watched, and clearly cannot wait to be able to jump and shake!
  2. Zachy chasing BuddyCat. All over. The thing about BuddyCat is he could run, but he just keeps walking just slightly faster than his stalker. Even when his stalker is a pretty slow wobbly-walker. So, it keeps the game going longer than he probably wants, but Zachy loves it and it keeps him entertained, so I love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment