Saturday, November 6, 2010

HamItUpZachy&TotMusings

Better day today. We went to Ben's birthday party. It was football themed and Zachy wore a Texas Longhorns jersey from his cousins in Texas. He looked Cute! Mackenzie had an adorable cheerleading outfit and adamantly refused to have anything to do with it. Of course she did. I had made a big deal out of it, therefore, she wouldn't wear it. Lesson learned. Next time I'll pretend I could care less!

Zachy is in a cute phase. He loves to get attention and continues to come up with funny things to do to make sure he gets it. At the party he kept putting his hands out to Jeff and I to hold him. So, if Jeff was holding him, he would put his hands out for me to hold him and then right away he put his hands out to Jeff and so on and so on. Julie and Tess were cracking up. He was hamming it up. He is a funny little guy, for sure. He loves to do silly things in the bath. One thing he loves to do is get on his hands and knees and try to put his face in the water. Call me paranoid, but I'm not nuts about that one. Not a bit. But he thinks it's an absolute riot. That, in itself, is funny. He says 'Nana' now for Banana. He pretty consistently touches his head when you ask where his head is. And sort of his tummy too. Love watching him pat his tummy. Oh and he has developed a temper too. Yikes. He lets you KNOW when he isn't happy about something. And there's plenty of somethings these days! He continues to be clever and perceptive. The other day he was putting puzzle pieces through slots on the inside climber and then he got on the platform and sent them down the slide. He has also been playing with himself in the mirror. It is way to cute to even describe. He and his mirror image play peekaboo, they laugh together. They crawl away and then turn around to see if they're still there. He has a whole routine he does. He's developing so fast these days. Learning new things all the time. Impossible to keep up with it all.

How 'bout some totmusings...
  • During the YoGabbaGabba dance segment she said, 'I gonna get up and shake my bum bum!' 
  • More GabbaGabba...after getting dressed for school she said, 'I think I not going to show my friends my new GabbaGabba undies. Well, maybe just a little.' Alrighty then.
  • 'Mommy, my tummy wants the food!' This reminds me of something she said/did quite awhile ago. I asked her if she had eaten Zachy's cereal and she said, 'No Momma, it got lost in my tummy.'
  • One day she was playing 'Preschool' (as usual) and said, 'Excuse me Miss Kindergarten Teacher, I no want to be friends with Lexie Brown.' A few minutes later she said she had changed her mind and wanted to be friends. I then told her that Lexie Brown didn't want to be her friend. Threw my little totgirl for a loop, yes it did.
  • After (me) getting Zachy dressed for school one day, she lovingly says,  'Oh, he's ADORABLE in that!'
  • (She) Trying to get his shoes on one morning, calls out to me and says, 'Momma, will you come help me, Zachy not listening!' Now if that's not the Pot calling the Kettle Black.
  • I had gotten her a new shirt and dressed her in it one morning and she decided to call it 'Poo Poo.' A few minutes later, she came up to me, and very contritely said, 'Momma, I be nice to my new shirt now. I no more call it Poo Poo.' Only my daughter could get into an argument with a shirt!
Finally...TwoGoodThings...
  1. Mackenzie playing and having fun at the party. I saw the Mackenzie I know, love AND like A LOT! She's a blast when she's happy and in the groove.
  2. Zachy crawling around the party in his football jersey with a green bead necklace on.

No comments:

Post a Comment