Saturday, November 20, 2010

NoCrankies!

Dad is working this weekend, so it was me solo with the kids. We had a really good day. We went to Walmart this morning. Of course, you never know how an hour drive each way trip is going to turn out, but we did okay and got some of the fixings for Thanksgiving and a few other needed odds and ends. Dad will finish up the official grocery shopping tomorrow after he finishes working!

Mackenzie and Zachy both got lots of  'Awww they're so cute' looks and comments. Mackenzie was hopping beside the cart for awhile and was saying she was 'Exercising.' Then she decided to do the tot-run and play chase. She thought it was a lot funnier than I did. That ended her up in the back of the cart sitting on cans for awhile. Don't get me wrong, she was pretty funny and cute, but I, of course, get really scared when she is not in eyesight. After having to sit in the back of the cart, she went back to compliantly hopping beside. On the way home Zachy fell asleep and I got a bit nervous because keeping him asleep once we got home depended on the cooperation of the three year old totgirl. And cooperative she was! Phew! Success.

Zachy slept for TWO total HOURS! He was a happy, not-at-all cranky boy this afternoon. LOVE IT! Mackenzie seems to only be napping about forty five to sixty minutes, but that works for her and she's still napping, so NO complaints on that. She too was a happy, not-at-all cranky tot this afternoon.

After naps, she got right into preschool character. After awhile she decided she was Bucee's mom and was bringing her to me for childcare. Our conversations went something like this...

Mackenzie: Baby Bucee has poop. You need to change it.
Me: I already changed it.
Mackenzie: She had two poops.
(Me thinking...darn, she got me.)
She goes to 'work' and comes back a few minutes later (wish I had her job!).
Mackenzie: How was Bucee's day?
Me: Her day was good.
Mackenzie: Oh, she not cry or anything?
Me: No. She was very happy today.
Mackenzie: Oh, she cried yesterday.
(Me thinking...she's taking this really seriously!)
She takes Bucee home and then brings her back in the next day.
Mackenzie: Bucee needs to make a craft.
Me: Okay.
Mackenzie: Put her down now and do it.
(I don't move fast enough, apparently.)
Mackenzie: Put her down and do it now.
(So, I do, don't want to get in trouble twice from the bossy totmom!)
She goes to 'work' and comes back a few minutes later...still wishing I had her job.
Mackenzie: Do she have a poop rash? I think we go to Arizona. We go to Phoenix on Monday.

It was a riot. I think she was replicating what she heard me and Zachy's teacher talking about the other day. Perceptive little girl she is.

And, here's a picture of babyBucee in my 'classroom' doing her 'craft.'


AFewGoodThingsFromToday...
  • Blowing bubbles for Zachy while he took his bath. I mentioned yesterday how much he loves bubbles. He was trying to catch them. So intent. And he sounds really adorable when he says, 'Bubbles.' The thing about Zachy and his words is, he might not have too many, but he loves the ones he has and uses them not only frequently, but wisely.
  • Mackenzie putting on a baseball cap and saying, 'I think I look very cute.' And, for the record, she did.
  • Mackenzie and I having such awesome teamwork when we got home. We High-Fived and everything. So was amazing. She did just like we talked about. And when it was her turn to do down for nap, she did so without a fight. She was a Good Egg today, For Sure!
  • Zachy brushing his teeth before bed while I read him Good Night Moon and then not wanting to stop brushing his teeth. If he keeps this up, he'll have the best tot-teeth EVER!
  • Zachy loves tuna noodle casserole.
  • Mackenzie referring to her baby as 'Buc.'
  • The two of them playing with the 'racetrack' together and working out a way to do it together so that each got to have a job. Seeing them together...playing...that's what it's all about! I have Good Kids. LOVE IT! LOVE THEM!
Lastly, I would have to say ZACHY IS IN FACT A WALKER! He barely crawls and when he does he switches back over to walking pretty promptly. He's still pretty wobbly on his feet, but determined. Smiling, Yes I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment