Sunday, November 7, 2010

ToddlersAndBabies

I posted this on my MiaMommaMusings blog but since this blog is for my kids, I thought this might be something they might be able to enjoy someday...

Little Ones...ToddlersAndBabies...Everyone says to enjoy them, because it goes so fast. Yes, indeed it does. Very fast. Everyone says to enjoy them, because you will miss the ToddlerBaby stage when they are all grown up. Yes, I'm sure I will.

But, that said, there are a few things I won't miss about these days...
  1. Constant crying, whining and/or screaming.
  2. Doing everything with one hand, if I'm lucky. No free hands if I'm not.
  3. Not being able to go to the bathroom or take a shower without having one to three people joining me and/or having a national crisis erupt while I'm 'gone,' which usually means even if I didn't start out with all those people there, they end up there.
  4. Sleep issues...theirs and, as a result, mine.
  5. Eating issues....theirs and my inability to eat as regularly and healthily as I would like.
  6. Not being able to exercise, which used to be my stress release...now it's Diet Coke. Ick!
  7. Not being able to finish anything from start to finish...dishes, brushing my teeth, going to the bathroom, eating...I'm talking basic stuff folks!
  8. Losing everything, forgetting everything (This one started after I had my second. Before that, I was still able to be organised and knew where everything was and what was going on...now life is a bit like crisis management at a mental health clinic!).
  9. Not being able to take a break when I need one and having no break in sight.
  10. Working my butt off all day, cleaning and picking up toys and doing laundry and cooking and taking care of my two kids and then at the end of the day feeling mentally and physically exhausted, looking around and having the house look like a tornado hit.
  11. The MommyMeltDown that happens when one too many of 1-10 happen all at once!
These days do have their challenges. I have come to realise that every stage of life with our children has it's challenges as well as it's blessings. Most important is that we are able to realise the blessings that we have.

Things I will miss about these days...
  1. Yummy cuddles.
  2. Sleeping toddlers and babies in their pajamas...divine sweetness.
  3. How forgiving and accepting they are.
  4. Being called Mommy by the most angelic voices I have ever heard.
  5. I will miss the sound of their little people voices...yes, they are angelic.
  6. The honesty in their laughter and their smiles.
  7.  Being surrounded by their total innocence.
  8. The magic that happens when they learn or discover something new.
  9. The very amusing things that she (and eventually he) says.
  10. After they accomplish something new, they get the most authentic look of pride on their faces, no humility, just total self satisfaction because they accomplished something awesome!  I LOVE this so much. I wish that wouldn't go away...the ability just feel good about yourself.
  11. Falling more and more in love with them each and every day.
  12. Seeing them laugh together and watching their relationship develop is heaven.
  13. Their total ability to be in the moment.
  14. Twinkling sparkly eyes!
  15. Simplicity.
  16. Living in their world and rediscovering life their eyes.
  17. HOW could I forget...their little bum bums...I LOVE their bums!
  18. Their enchanting reality.
  19. Mackenzie today: My silly, crazy totgirl!
  20. Zachy today: I'm already missing that he is no longer a baby...and quickly turning into a little totboy.
  21. I will miss not being the center of their world. Egocentric I know, but it's true. I guess this means that, on some level, I will miss 1-10 of the things I won't miss list!
Far from a complete list. Gosh, I love them. Sometimes they drive me very literally crazy, but I do love them. No matter what happens during the day, at some point they will make me laugh, smile and spill over with warmth. They truly are my Gifts. There is nothing in me that feels worthy of these two beings. Nothing at all. But, I also know that I am here to be their Mother. And, I Thank God for that, for trusting me with Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment