Monday, March 7, 2011

TotTalk&Happenings

Thought I'd get in a little TotTalk tonight. Mostly things they have said and a thing or two or three they have done lately.

First up, Miss Mackenzie:
  • Mackenzie's teacher sent an E-letter home with awesome pictures of the class. Some nursing students had visited and when she was looking at that picture, she said When I grow up, I want to be a nursing student.
  • She's ambitious, yes she is, because today she also said When I grow up, I want to be a Fireman, and a Policeman, and a Teacher and a Nursing Student. I going to be all those things!
  • She has also said she wants to be a Cowgirl, but not lately.
  • The other day I called her 'Sweetie Pie' and she said I not a sweetie-pie, I a Mommy. Nice! Almost as good as You're not a person, you're a Mommy.
  • We were at Walmart this weekend and out of nowhere, Mackenzie said That's cool!
  • This made me laugh. She's become a tattler. Yesterday she came in and said Daddy's not good at this game!
  • Earlier in the day she came to tell me Dad had hurt her feelings. I suggested she let him know and she looked up at me with her head down and said Will you come with me?
  • Still not too nuts about Zachy's pronunciation of her name. In response, she said But Miss Anne doesn't call me Kengy. She calls me MAC-KEN-ZIE!
  • She has a new morning ritual. She wakes up. If I'm awake, I pretend to still be sleeping. She goes to the bathroom, gets her undies on, gets a summer dress in the middle of winter almost spring on, turns on the kitchen light and then comes back to the room and yells SURPRISE!
  • We've been playing Store quite a bit and the conversations are hilarious. She gets so into character. Uses an 'adult' voice; Brings in her baby, 'Chaser' (Saige's new little brother); Makes small talk; Asks where certain 'sections' are (Do you know where the balloon section is?); Brings her things over for purchase and then asks how much - usually I will say $2 and she offers me $1 and then wants $3 back; Then she goes 'home' and comes right back, often returning something with a full explanation and everything; And on and on and on. I like the store game.
  • With Dad she's been playing Baby Room. He's the teacher and she drops off - you guessed it - Chaser who is in the Baby Room with Zachy; Then she goes to work, which is in the kitchen but yells out instructions to Dad the whole time; When she goes to pick up Chaser, 30 seconds later, she pretends she's at the outside window and says Guess who's here? and Dad acts surprised and says It's Chaser's Mommy (often adding in a sarcastic, Who's been gone for a whole 10 seconds); And on and on and on.
  • I told her that Grammie will be watching them one day next week and, very concerned, Mackenzie said Does Grammie know how to watch kids? I will teach her rules about how to change Zachy's diaper and feed him and that he naps and I don't. I'm sure you'll let her know all the rules my little sweet!
  • My favorite Mackenzie~ism this week? She got mad about something today and very dramatically said This is the worst day of my whole life! And then Michael Jackson music started to play on Ellen, I asked Mackenzie if she wanted to dance and the world was right again.
And now for Zachy. He doesn't talk quite as much, but he sure is learning to get his point across!
  • Lately when I ask him if he wants something, he very clearly says Yah! or No! And pretty much seems to know what he is saying Yah! or No! to.
  • I swear when he got up from nap he said: Where's Dada? Where go? Work? All without me saying anything. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
  • When he likes doing something, he says, 'Gain!
  • He knows the words No and Mine in a (really not so) Terrible Twos way. Learned them much faster than his sister ever did. Interesting. At least I think so.
  • He loves jumping on the bed and jumping off the couch onto the bean bags (with help) and dancing. Oh, he is such a cute dancer.
  • Lately when I am in the shower, he comes to find me and keeps opening the door and saying HI!, which has become one of his favorite words. He also likes the word Bye! a lot. And blowing kisses. Really into working on his social skills I suppose.
  • He still says Whoa, but also likes Weeee now. Maybe more than Whoa.
  • And, he likes to ask for a Hug! and loves to give hugs.
  • This evening Mackenzie came crawling in the kitchen with a pacifier in her mouth (yes, she is the 3 1/2 year old) and Zachy pointed at her and said Baby!
  • When I give him something he asks for, he says Tank You!
  • He knows the name of quite a few foods now: Eggs, Bananas, Crackers, Cheese, Beans, Milk, Apples, and of course cookies and juice, two things that Mackenzie never had until she was probably 2! I'm sure he knows other food words (as well as other words in general), but I can't think of them right now.
  • The other day he decided to join Mackenzie and I in playing doctor. He was using all the doctor things and so intent. Really serious. Really cute. He loves to play the 'big kid' games that his sister plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment