Sunday, March 6, 2011

FINALLY!

It's official. Zachy says Mackenzie's name. Not exactly of course, three syllables is a bit much for an eighteen month old. But he definitely says her name.

We were out walking today and saw Emmy dog from next door. Zachy yelled out her name and I thought to myself, How can he know her name and not Mackenzie's? Not possible. He's saying it. Somehow, I just haven't caught it.

And then a light bulb went off.

Mackenzie and Dad were playing chase in the field. I pointed to them and simply asked Who's that? And clear as day he said KENGY! To make sure I heard him right, I asked again. And again. And again. He probably thought I had a hearing problem. But it was clear. He calls her KENGY.

She wasn't too nuts about it. I was so excited to tell her Zachy says her name. She was happy at first, until I told her how he pronounces it after which she just screamed I NO WANT TO BE KENGY, I MACKENZIE.

I'm sure it'll grow on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment