Sunday, March 20, 2011

MommyMeltsWhen

Life with two toddlers is undoubtedly crazy. Downright insane at times. But the beauty of it is that the same kids who can drive you close to edge, can make you melt in an instant. Feel love like you couldn't imagine before. What's making me melt these days? Here are a few things each of my kids are doing in the now that make me feel so much love, it almost hurts. In a good way, of course.

Mackenzie first...
  • The way she talks. Her facial expressions, gestures, and the things she says. Sometimes, oftentimes, she amazes me.
  • When she tells me for no reason that she Loves me.
  • When she sings. When she makes up silly words to songs. Or the determined look on her face as sings along and concentrates intently,  careful and focused on learning the words. Smiling just picturing it.
  • Her chattering as she plays by herself. She says the cutest things. And has the most incredible imagination.
  • Her face when she's sleeping. And the way she's all curled up.
Now Zachy...
  • When he starts to sing and bop his head from side to side. When he sings the word 'Happy' during You Are My Sunshine. At nighttime. Before bed.
  • How his face lights up when he laughs.
  • His curiosity. When he learns something new. He shocks me every single day. He's a little sponge.
  • When he starts a flirty game. Chase. Peek A Boo. Naked babytoddlerboy on the loose. Those kinds of games. Smiling again.
  • How he randomly comes up and gives hugs and kisses. His way, I'm sure, of saying I Love You.
Far from all comprehensive. Far from. But, have I mentioned lately how much I love my two kids? Gosh, could I be more lucky? No way. Not in a million years.

No comments:

Post a Comment