Thursday, March 3, 2011

MyLilSleepAvoiders

I had myself two little sleep avoiders tonight.

Zachy just wanted to play ball. Really bad. He was having so much fun. But then came time for jammies. Got them on with some protest. Time to brush your teeth, Zachy! He walked out of his room right back to the balls. Silly guy. You know what I said! Teeth! He went into the bathroom, got his toothbrush and walked right back to the balls. No more balls tonight, Zachy. Time for bed! Teeth brushed. And then, a light bulb went off in Zachy's head: I'll play that great  game Mackenzie plays. Baby! Down on all fours, crawling, saying Baby! Chase me Momma. So, I did, tried to lure him back into the room. Finally got him there. In the crib. Right to sleep.

And now for Mackenzie.

No Momma, I need to do my paperwork. this is what the teachers do. Cutting. Writing. Choice time: Do you want to walk there or have Dad carry you? Dad comes over. I WALK THERE. Too late. Potty time. No, I need to do my cutting! I no have potty. I went poopy. Yes, there was indeed some more potty that needed to come out. Done. Jammie time. Fussing girl. Do you want Daddy to put on your jammies or me? Me? Then cooperate! Book time. It's late. One story. Nooooo. I want this many (ten fingers). Not happening. But two is a nice compromise. Books done. Laying down. Fifteen minutes. Droopy eyes. She pops up. The problem is, I not tired. I want to eat. Should have eaten more at dinner. I have an idea. Come with me and I show you. Nice try Mackenzie. Dad's turn!

Good Night My Sleeping Zachy and (Almost) Sleeping Mackenzie. Love You Both! SoVeryVERY Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment