Wednesday, March 23, 2011

OCDgirl&Helperboy

Mackenzie is OCD. I'm sure of it. Here's the evidence:
  • She has a thing with doors. They have to be closed. If she wakes up in the middle of the night and the door is open, she either gets up or wakes me up to close it. It's serious.
  • If we're outside, she even has to have the slider closed to the inside. This, I don't get.
  • She used to have have all the blinds down as well, but I have finally gotten her permission to pull up the blinds. Hopefully, by summer we'll be able to open a door to the outside here and there.
  • If she's eating and Zachy burps, she screams and throws away her food because she believes he 'burpded' on it.
  • If her clothing gets the tiniest bit wet, she won't wear it and screams while she takes it off.
  • If my hands are wet and they touch her, it's all over.
Zachy is a natural helper. Here's the evidence:
  • This morning I told him it was time for breakfast and he started to put plates on the table.
  • After he ate, he threw his leftover food in the trash.
  • Before we went to the library, he put away Mackenzie's cars.
  • He loves brooms.
  • And vacuums.
  • And wiping up things.
  • He tries to wash Mackenzie in the bath. But this conflicts with her OCD, so it's a problem.
Fortunately and unfortunately, I'm sure they'll both outgrow 'it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment