Monday, March 28, 2011

M.CircusSnakes&Musings

Okay, now it's Mackenzie's turn. First and foremost, if she knew right now she was 'second,' I'd be in some trouble. She really is into: First, Second, Winning, Fair, Fault, and Blame. Serious stuff for a three year old.

So, Mackenzie and I had a little adventure this weekend. We really didn't know what we were doing. No game plan. But she's a trooper and just up for getting out. We ventured to town. I needed a haircut. It happened. We did a little basics shopping at Walmart and then decided to head to the mall for the play area.  And what did we find? A mini circus. Next show in twenty minutes. Why not? So we did. She had cotton candy. For the first time. And loved it. She brought home a souvenir coloring book. She clapped vigorously for the juggling guy. As far as the lady on the long rope, she said, That looks not safe. I not going to do that. Phew! I can sleep easy now. At intermission she decided she'd had enough, so we left. It's her adventure, right? We went into the mall. Tried to take pictures in a booth but all the booths were broken, darn it! She rode the car ride. We played in Barnes and Noble. She pretended to be a 'Circus Leader' on their little story time 'stage.' Then her sugar high wore off and it was quickly and clearly time to head home. She had french fries in the car. And chocolate milk (Apparently it was a junk food adventure more than anything).

Mackenzie had a bad dream the other night. It really freaked her out. All of the sudden she woke up and scooted to the side of the bed and screamed. She told me a snake licked her. She made me check under the blanket, which she would not put back on. She didn't want to go back to sleep. She really got scared. Her talk about the next day, however, was pretty cute. It went something like this:
It was big and huge. It lickded me. Let's look for it more. I think I heard it. Maybe that was Rufus. It licked my arm. Right here (pointing). Let me tell you some more truths about snakes, baby snakes you can hold, but not big snakes. Momma snakes are in big holes and baby snakes in small holes. You better keep an eye on me so the snake don't lickded me again. Can we check again?
She talked about it most of the day. And then again this morning. At some point it clearly became more of a 'thing' than an actual fear. For now anyway. Until the next bad dream, poor thing!
Some of Mackenzie's favorite things right now are:
  • Her friend Saige at school. She identifies everything with Saige. Me and Saige like purple. Me and Saige....
  • Performing songs and dances. The other day she did an edgy, punk rock like version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
  • She's obsessed with her birthday. Which is in August. Five months away. The day we went on our Adventure, I asked her where she wanted to go and she said, of course, To my Birthday.
  • Her imaginary friends.
  • Cars. She still loves playing cars. And probably will for quite sometime.
  • And playing babies. And playing baby, where she's the baby.
  • Practicing her letters and shapes and coloring.
  • Books right now: Purplicious and Knuffle Bunny.
  • Competing with Zachy, for everything. Making sure she has more of everything or is first or second, or whatever is 'better.' Today Zachy started to put rocks in his bucket, so she made sure she got more and bigger ones.
Things I find cute. Like with Zach, it's the little things. Such as:
  • She has been working on different letters and shapes. The other day she made a triangle and said Look Momma! I made a triangle. I worked hard.
  • Her facial expressions and hand gestures.
  • Her use of language.
  • Her thought process.
  • Seeing her interact with people.
  • When she takes pride in being a big sister.
  • Of course, when she tells me she loves me.
Lastly, how about a few totmusings?
  • When we were driving, Mackenzie saw a balloon and said, Oh, when  Zacher sees those, he's going to want one!
  • Taunting Zachy before naptime. Good night, Zacher. Sorry you have to nap. Big sister doesn't have to. Just you. Sorry. Big sister is going to have a treat.
  • Commenting on Zachy: Look at Zachy. He's a crazy dude.
  • I didn't toot on your leg, I tooted on my hand!
  • After getting mad at me: You're not a perfect Mommy! (Glad we got that figured out.)
  • Commenting on my mothering abilities yet again, another day we got in the car and had to arrange all her stuff. She said Wow Momma. You did much better than yesterday. Good job!
  • And my personal recent favorite: After getting mad at Zachy for something, she said, Zachy, you a dirty diaper! Such a little lady.
That's a little bit of Mackenzie right now. Just like with Zachy, I love that girl. And, as always, she's as sassy as she is sweet. And loving. Incredibly so.

Over the weekend, she had been outside and came in to surprise me with 'flowers.' She said
 I saw flowers and thought to myself I pick you some flowers and some for me too. This one is for me and this ones are for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment