Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2GoodTuesday2.1.11

It's that time again, Tuesday. The 'first day' of my two day work week, which ends on Thursday.

We had a good weekend. On Saturday we went to Costco, as usual Zachy got lots of Oh how cute he is. As did Mackenzie, but I think people 'see' him more because he is in the cart, whereas she is walking around or, at one point, on all fours playing dog, until she noticed how dirty her hands got, and then her OCD self stopped that game really quick. After Costco, they had some playtime at the mall and Mackenzie ran into her friend, Montana. The evening topped off with a trip to Red Robin, where a nice little girl gave Mackenzie a balloon. Made her night. And, she even said Thank You!

Oh, I almost forgot, earlier in the day Dad and Mackenzie went to the elementary school and played for an hour and a half on the playground! So, yah, Mackenzie had a pretty fabulous Saturday.

Sunday we took a family trip to the 'Mergress Park,' as Mackenzie calls it. It's actually 'Congress,' but 'Mergress' works and sounds adorable when she says it in her sweet three year voice. That was fun. We played on the swings, went down the slides and Mackenzie even did a bit of hiking up the 'mountain' with Dad. Zachy continues to love going down the slides and would yell Goooo when he was ready to come down.

Dad said that when he picked the kids up from school today, that Miss Sara told him that Mackenzie got a game of Musical Chairs going with some of the other kids. She's a leader! The Toddler Room said he had Tuna Noodle Casserole and loved it. They were starting to think he was going to keep going through naptime.

So, here's (at least) 2GoodThings from our week last week...
  1. Mackenzie, Zachy and I all on the swings while Dad pushed us. Higher and Higher. I was 'pretending' to be scared, so Mackenzie joined right in. Dad, of course, kept pushing us higher. Zachy was laughing right along in the baby swing and was full of 'Whooooaaaa's.
  2. I enjoyed spending a little one on one time with Zachy on Saturday when Mackenzie got to spend time at the school 'park' with Dad.
  3. Okay, one more. Mackenzie told me this morning that she was going to miss me today. That just makes me melt.
  4. I just thought of another one. I love coming home and having them be excited when I walk in the door. And then, I love how quickly they start interacting with me as if we never left (Momma...I need....Momma....UP!). It's the perfect end to the 'work' day.

No comments:

Post a Comment