Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2GoodTuesday2.8.11

This week has been full of 2GoodMoments. Not sure I can narrow it to 2, so maybe I won't.
  1. Mackenzie was playing Restaurant Leader. She got out a paper and pen and started to take orders. She was completely into her role. 'Do you have Chicken Nuggets?' 'No, we no have Chicken Nuggets. We have pizza. I be right out with that. I bring you a soda first. Do you want a booster for your baby?' Come to think of it, she was so busy taking our very big order, we never did get our food!
  2. Zachy 'sitting' on the potty. He wanted to. He looked down, very pensively. Trying to figure out what exactly was supposed to happen next. Not surprisingly, nothing did. He is only 17 months after all! Who knows, he took a bit longer to walk, so maybe just maybe he'll be an early potty-learner.
  3. I know I already referenced it, but Zachy asleep in bed hugging his Gunky. Oh me oh my that was a sweet, sweet sight. Speaking of Gunky, Gunky really needs a bath!
  4. Already referenced, but I enjoyed my day with Mackenzie and the memories that it brought back! Oh, and I am loving our new book Knuffle Bunny.
  5. Our family parade the other night. Initiated by none other than Miss Mackenzie Nicole.Zachy took a bit to catch on, but he did and once he did he was 'in!'
  6. Playing chase in the field yesterday with Mackenzie and Zachy.
  7. For whatever reason on Saturday Zachy could not get  enough of me. He wanted meMeME and only ME. I thought it was sweet.
  8. This morning I told Mackenzie I was going to pick her up from school and she got a little smile on her face. Little, cause she didn't want me to know she was happy about that. The girl has to keep her Momma guessing!
  9. Sitting with Mackenzie at her table and telling one another things we like about each other.
  10. Playing ball with Zachy and him wobble-running up to me and saying 'Where ball?' (not quite that clearly, but I knew what he was saying). And then going to look for it with him, getting down on the  floor next to one another and looking under things. We did find it. I just find so much delight in him communicating his needs and interacting with his world. It's amazing! Each and every day.
  11. Mackenzie helping Zachy put on his shoes for school this morning.
  12. Lastly, cause I have to stop somewhere, the following quote I saw on Positively Positive on Facebook: The light in a child is love. Yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment