Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WordyWednesday

  • This morning after we woke up Mackenzie said she wanted to go potty first. When it was my turn, she asked, in her very best fake grown-up voice, if I needed help or if I wanted privacy. Awww, sweet girl!
  • At night when I am singing songs to Zachy before bed, he will yell Yay! after I finish. I have a theory about this: He doesn't want to go to bed, so he is encouraging me to continue because, clearly, he is not yelling Yay! based on my talent.
  • I love how, just when I get Round 1 of the endless straightening up that will go on throughout the day done, Mackenzie will immediately ask if she can paint.
  • Zachy holds conversations using his favorite words: Whoa, Where go?, and Yay! Usually in that order.
  • Mackenzie wants to be the 'Winner.' Always. She also likes to be first or second, depending on which benefits her better at the time.
  • I think Zachy thinks 'food' is called 'hot.'
  • Mackenzie lets Buddy in and says, 'Buddy, you sure are dirty. I going to clean Buddy off.'
  • Right before cleaning Buddy off, she had cleaned up her own spilled milk. Is my girl feeling okay today?
  • Zachy loves playing with the thing that pops balls lately. That and throwing balls. And with the Balancing Cactus (ages 3 and up, but he has the idea, yes he does). And with the train that he can stack things on. Most of his games involve use of the word Whoa and some sort of throwing or knocking over things and watching them crash.
  • Yesterday on the way home from school the road to the school where Mackenzie will likely go to Kindergarten was closed for road work. Mackenzie was very upset. She expressed her feelings about it very well, feeling sad and upset. About fifteen minutes later she says I still a little sad about the school. Those trucks are going to jail! (referring to the trucks doing the road work).
  • We had pancakes this morning. I don't like to give Zachy syrup because he'll just 'eat' that and leave the rest. So I was very slyly trying to pour just a little out for Mackenzie behind the refrigerator door. I look over and Zachy is bent as far over to the side as he can be, watching me and signs 'More,' which, in this case, means 'Busted!'
  • Did I already tell the story about hearing Zachy talking in his room after he woke up from nap? He stayed in his crib, just talking away happily for a good twenty minutes, no crying. Finally I decided to go get him. He points to the door to the back room and yells 'Cat.' Apparently he had been having a conversation with BuddyCat, who had been 'trapped' (by his own volition) in the back room.
  • Zachy loves to play 'monster.' He gets all into it. Tonight he was getting his diaper changed and heard Mackenzie and Dad playing and he was so excited to finish and join in. Cute. Funny. That's Zachy.
  • Mackenzie helped Zachy wash his hands today and said Good Job Zacher!
  •  Have I mentioned how Mackenzie, after she gets out of the shower, runs to the floor heater I set up for her and gets in the fetal position. She has this whole system worked out for putting lotion on and everything. It's crazy.
  • Kids are in  bed, Momma's going to watch American Idol...that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment