Friday, February 4, 2011

SparklingZachy

Zachy.  He is a cheerful little guy. I feel like whenever I do an update of sorts on him it always involves saying how happy, easy going and good natured he is; What a magnet he is and how people cannot help but gush over him. But that is him. It's all true. He is my SparklingZachy.


Zachy loves to laugh. He very magnificently goes through life laughing. Often, it's hard to tell exactly what he finds funny, but it's contagious. You just have to laugh with him. He walks around and randomly laughs. Sometimes, he walks up to me, looks at me, and, for no identifiable reason, laughs and walks away. It's adorable and it cracks me up. As I type, he is walking around in his pajamas, laughing and squealing, shaking his head back and forth he's in such hysterics. Why? I have NO idea. But it sure is cute. Sometimes he will fall to the ground laughing, roll around. He's amused. We're amused.

Zachy has a thing with shoes. Used to be his shoes, but now he likes any and every shoe. He'll get our shoes and puts one on and walks around. Of course, he laughs while doing so. We have begun calling him Swiper because he likes to come up and take our shoes when we aren't looking. In particular, he goes after Mackenzie's shoes on school mornings. It's become a game of theirs. When she's getting her shoes on, he will take one and wobble-runs the other way, laughing. She used to get really worked up, but now she laughs and says Oh Zacher or Zacher is the Swiper! The downside of Zachy's shoe fondness is that I often find myself searching for shoes. Missing shoes. I am pretty sure he threw out his cute blue sneakers. He loved them. But they're gone now. I am missing one of Mackenzie's shoes. I have had to wear my old sneakers. The horror stories are endless.

Zachy = joy. First thing in the morning, after getting out of bed, he comes and finds me. He walks up to me (usually laughing), puts out his arms, and with his amazingly purejoy smile says Up. Way more often than not he wakes up in good spirit. That's just him. Content and full of delight. And so much delight he brings to me. Sometimes out of nowhere, he will just wobble-run up to me and hug my leg, with a big smile (or laugh). If he is involved in something and catches you looking at him, he brightens right up. He has a way of charming people so they don't want to look away. He knows how to captivate.

Zachy goes to sleep on his own now. It's like a Christmas Miracle I tell ya. Who would've thought he, out of all babies - (okay, I'll get out of denial now) toddlers - would do that? It happened literally overnight, and, ironically since I called it a Christmas Miracle, right before Christmas. Naps and bedtime. It's awesome! Snuggles up with his Gunky and Pillow Pet and he's good to go. Around the same time he really started to adapt well to routines. We were not used to this, because Mackenzie never really has. But now he knows. After he takes a bath and gets his pj's on, he brushes his teeth, reads his books and goes to bed. It's precious. I caught a glimpse of him asleep the other night with Gunky and my heart melted. He looked beyond words Angelic.

Speaking of Gunky, Gunky is Zachy's monkey he got at the Zoo. He loves Gunky. He loved Gunky at first sight. It was like they were meant to be. He snuggles with Gunky at night. He squeals with delight when he sees Gunky, so much so that he almost falls over he's so beside himself with excitement. Did I mention that he really oves Gunky? I am guessing you can figure out for yourself how Gunkey the Monkey got his name.



Zachy is a bit of a daredevil. All boy in a lot of ways. He has conquered some big slides as of late. Some you have to be at the bottom to catch him. He has the idea of yelling out Go!, coming down and as he does yelling out Whooaaa or Wheeeee. He climbed on the table with Mackenzie last week and loved it - started stomping his feet. I didn't love it too much, even though they were being pretty cute together, getting into mischief. He tries to get out of his crib - great, he just finally got in! He gets a kick out of banging and throwing things. The other day he started to ram the shopping cart into the couch. Over and over and over again and, of course, he laughed the whole time. He likes playing cars now and has gone right to making them go forward and crash into one another. Boys will be Boys.

Zachy is studious and likes to figure out how things work. He can really focus when he gets involved in something. I have this Balancing Cactus game and it's for 3 and up, but he really worked hard at trying to figure out the balance aspect. Determined. He's still young and maybe it's too early to say, but he seems to have a pretty good level of frustration tolerance and patience.

He's still a joker. One of his most favorite pranks is to put a choking hazard in his mouth, walk up to me, laugh and wobble-run away. I have to laugh. But, how does he know?!?! He takes off his diaper now. It's not uncommon, if I don't have pants on him, for him to come up to me with a naked bum, laugh, and wobble-run the other way. He has even managed to get it off through his onesie. So, it's pants at all times. Or a naked bum.  Last night I asked where his diaper was and he led me to the trash can. Have I mentioned he also likes to be helpful? He thinks it's hilarious to get into things he knows he's not supposed to be in. What happens when he gets caught? He laughs and wobble-runs away of course. And tries to get back to what he was doing, finish it up really fast before I tear him away from his latest mess - I mean project. His new favorite things seem to be cat litter and animal food. The other night Dad went to food Rufus and had to take out about ten boxes and cans of food Zachy had dumped in there. Busy little Dude.

 Zachy enjoys playing the 'Sharing Game' as of late. He likes to bring things to you. As I type, it's dog biscuits. So far, I have five of 'em. My guess is, he'll keep bringing them until the box is empty. The other night Mackenzie and Dad were sitting on the couch and kept bringing them things from the play kitchen. Mackenzie loved it because she turned it into a restaurant game and Zach was serving them. Who knows what he thought he was doing!

He understands so much it amazes me. As I said before, when I asked where his diaper was, he knew what I was asking and showed me. I can also ask him to get something familiar and bring it to me and he often will. He has something to say about everything and how I wish I knew what he was saying. When he talks, he's animated and even uses hand gestures to emphasize his points. He is constantly imitating words.This morning he said 'Gucky anca,' trying to repeat what Mackenzie was saying (Pancakes are Yucky!). He knows the word 'Gucky' well since his favorite book is 'Yummy, Yucky.' He has quite a few words he says, although a lot of them you only really understand if you know him. Despite this, he gets his point across pretty well.

On the changing table he is a bit of a bear. He wiggles and squirms, but if you can get him focused, he loves to point to his ears, nose, mouth, pat his head and tummy and blow kisses. Speaking of blowing kisses, Zach's digging the whole Hi and Bye and waving and blowing kisses thing. I like nothing better about working than getting home and having him run up to me with his joyful smile and gleeful laugh. Yep, the boy warms my heart more than he'll ever know.

That's Zachy, at about seventeen months, in a nutshell. Hardly does him justice though. Bottom line he's 100% lovable - that big eyed little totboy of mine with the silly grin, yes he is! And I am beyond Grateful that he's my little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment