Friday, April 1, 2011

ZachySleep&Smile

I have probably talked about this way too much already, but it's ridiculous to me. How well Zachy goes to sleep now, that is. After a year of barely getting any sleep, I have the right to perserverate, don't I?

The thing is, he's so darn cute at bedtime I can't stand it.

With Zachy, bedtime goes something like this...

If it's a bath night, he and Mackenzie take their baths. And then Dad get his jammies on and I get Mackenzie's on. It's a race. Mackenzie and I always win. We have to.

Then Zachy wobble walks through the house, with his big Zachy smile saying Tee, Tee. He's ready to brush his teeth. His readiness, makes Mackenzie more agreeable to whole teeth brushing thing too. Thank you, Zachy.

Next, I tell him it's time to go to bed. He waves and says Bye Bye to Mackenzie and Dad. Sometimes he tries to hug and kiss her, just because he knows she will scream. And he'll laugh.

He walks to his room with his big Zachy smile. Last night he rode his car to his room. And then out of the room. And then back in.

Onto the bed. Usually with a bottle hanging out of his mouth. We sing songs. We used to read books, but then he started to grab them and shove them down the side of the bed, look at me with a clueless concerned expression on his face, and say Where go? Where go. But, it's been awhile, so maybe we should try books again.

Back to the song singing. We sing You Are My Sunshine and our special Good Night Zachy song. Several times each. Now I can't begin to explain how cute he looks in the dimly light room: His bald head swaying from side to side, bottle hanging out of his mouth, big Zachy smile on his face, singing along a word here and there. It's unreal. And just way too adorable for words.

I'm so happy right now just thinking about it all.

After some songs I say Okay Zachy. It's time for bed now.

He gets off the bed, with his big Zachy smile, and wobble walks over to this crib.

I then say Zachy you know you need to give me your bottle.

So he does, with his big Zachy smile.

We hug.

And kiss.

I put him in the crib.

He grabs his Gunky and says, with his big Zachy smile, GUNKY!

He picks up his blanket, hands it to me and, you guessed it - with his big Zachy smile, says On!

He lays down, butt in the air, snuggled up with Gunky, I put the blanket on.

I love you sweet Zachy. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment