Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WordyWednesday

I feel bad that I don't seem to have much time to make more thoughtful posts. But here's yet another running ramble, which will hopefully cover a bit of this and that and some musings. Here we go..
  • Last night after we got home, Zachy walked right to the laundry room, right to where the hand vac is, right to where the detachable hose is, and got it out. To play with.
  • Next he got the sweeper. He's a tot of cleaning appliances.
  • Tonight when I was vacuuming, he got his toy one and vacuumed right alongside. He's my Helper Boy.
  • I called him my Helper and Mackenzie promptly showed up from the other room. She proceeded to hold the vacuum cord for me. Until I told her it was okay if she wanted to go back and play cars. She did.
  • On the way home last night in the car, Mackenzie said Mommy I missing Daddy. So I said, Great! He can lay down with you tonight. At bedtime she said, Mommy, I not missing Daddy anymore. You can lay down with me. I lucked out, yet again.
  • I not the crabbiest! Zachy is. We are taking turns. You the luckiest. I guess that's one way of looking at it.
  • About a friend at school: Oh Audrey. She's the cutest!
  • Zachy points to his bum and tells me when he goes poo poo now. Consistently! And even 'before' sometimes.
  • After accomplishing a new feat, Mackenzie said, Look Momma. I learning!
  • Zachy rode his 'car' up to me, crashed into me, then said, Beep Beep!
  • I gave Zachy a bath the other night. While wiping some water up from the floor, next thing you know, water all over me. Zachy was using a cup to throw water over his head and it landed on me instead. While the first time was an accident, I'm pretty sure the other four were not.
  • Zachy's a boy. All boy. The other day he tooted while sitting on my lap. This made him laugh. Hard.
  • I think he's making you fun in reference to Zachy running away with playdoh, laughing at me while I chased him. Her way of saying I think he's making fun of you? Or maybe she really meant he was making me fun. As in otherwise I'm not.
  • I don't have an issue today, but Zachy does.
  • Another Zachy boy moment: He likes to pretend to gag up food. When I say *likes* I mean *likes* as in he does it and finds it amusing.
  • He also likes to pretend to toot on people now.
  • Mommy just did her first If it's on the floor, it's mine speech. Unfortunately for me, I was talking about Mackenzie's cut up pieces of paper.
  • And he likes to blow toot noises out of his mouth. If there's a silly noise to be made, he likes it. If he can figure out how to do it, he does it.
  • Mackenzie used the phrase 'best friend' today. She was talking about Saige. And Jordan S. Do kids have best friends at three?
  • I almost caught Mackenzie trying to push Zachy yesterday. When she saw me, she, with the attitude of a teenager, said What? I was just trying to move him out of my way like this (demonstrating gentle push). Nice try.
  • On Monday, Mackenzie called me into the playroom. She whispered I just wanted to tell you I love you, but I'm not gonna talk to you.
  • Today before Zachy was going down for nap, Mackenzie said But who will play Kindergarten with me? Zachy's my best friend.
  • Sometimes Dad calls Zachy 'Fred.' It's like their own little thing.
  • And sometimes he calls Mackenzie 'Chowder Head.' She doesn't like it. She says, I NOT CHOWDER HEAD. I MACKENZIE.
  • Before I put Mackenzie to sleep tonight, she sang our Good Night song to Zachy. Sweetness.
  • Sleep tight my little ones. I'll miss you guys tomorrow. Like crazy.
And so concludes my last day of being a Mommy in her 'early' forties. Said it before and I'll say it again, I'm one Lucky Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment