Monday, April 4, 2011

CrazyCute

Mackenzie and Zachy have been CrazyCute together lately.

Increasingly, they play together, semi-cooperatively, albeit with somewhat different understandings as to what exactly they're doing. Over the weekend they were playing wheelbarrow together. She would pull, he would push. They would put stuff in. She was playing 'road construction.' Who knows really what he was playing. I guess he was playing the 'push the wheelbarrow and put stuff in' game. Oh yah, that one.


While they've always had their 'moments,' the last few days they've been in a groove and let me tell you, when they get going, they're insane! Earlier she took his hand and said, Come with me Zachy. I wanted to add, To the dark side.
'Puppet show'  has been a recent favorite for both of them. A tent is popped up, puppets are distributed. From there what happens is up in the air. 'Puppet show' usually ends with them hysterically rolling around in the tent until it is sort of twisted all around. The puppets? Who knows what happens to them.

On our way home from the zoo yesterday, every time I spoke, Mackenzie would tell me to Stop talking. Who imitated her? Zachy, of course. She found this funny, which meant she hammed it up, which meant so did he, which meant every time I opened my mouth I had her yelling Stop talking in unison with him uttering three syllables sounding sort of like that.

Last night after we got home Mackenzie ran and pretended to fall down. She then fake cried. Zachy thought this was absolutely hilarious. He proceeded to mimic her. Next thing you know the two of them are on a roll, literally. Running, falling, fake crying and rolling around laughing. How cute is it? Indescribably.



Tonight they decided to gang up on me with playdoh eating. Zachy started this one. He put some in his mouth, made sure I knew, then took off running, laughing. Mackenzie was amused by watching me struggle to catch him, so once I finally confiscated his playdoh, she lured him over to her playdoh. From there they successfully pulled off a divide and conquer type maneuver. Funny. To them. Not me. Okay, it was.


Earlier they hung out in the pack and play together. Mackenzie yelled out, Look Zachy is snuggling with me! And he was. I melted. That's the first time they have really snuggled up together. Then he sat on her, starting off another silly sibling goof fest.


I love this. I love watching them have fun together, even it means they're creating havoc together. I love the sweetness of their developing relationship. When the three of us were out walking today, I said to Mackenzie, Tell me something you like about Zachy. She replied with, I love him. He plays with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment