Saturday, April 23, 2011

HomeAlone,Mommy&Z

Dad and Mackenzie have gone to the (hopefully) new house to meet with the electrician and then to run a couple of other errands while in town.

This means, Mommy and Zachy get some 1:1 time, which never seems to happen.

I thought I'd bullet point our time together. While I'm here I might change this blog's name to 'Bullet Point Momma.' Once we move, I'll get it together, I swear I will. But, for now, this is as much as I can do.

Here we go: HomeAlone,Mommy&Z!
  • Eating breakfast: Cheerios, banana and cottage cheese. Zachy points to his mouth, says Mouth! and puts the food in it. Much better than throwing!
  • When I got out the cottage cheese, which he LOVES, he said Bowl. I love seeing him learn to communicate.
  • Rufus waiting at the door. Should I let him in? Yeah!, says Zachy. Now it's us and the dog.
  • First he was chicken clucking, now he's gagging. I've got myself a totboy with sound effects.
  • Asked him if he wanted juice, which I never do. He laughed, smiled, said JU! Now I'll have myself a sugared up totboy.
  • He's got a poopy diaper, but would rather push the baby buggy around. I think he's thinking No sister to boss me around, I'm taking advantage! Whoot-Whoot!
  • Now he's pushing the shopping cart AND the buggy. Hmmm...he's thinking....this is easier with sister.
  • He just had me change his poopy. As soon as I started to eat he was ready. Go figure.
  • Brought me diet cokes and said Mommy milk. Sad and funny at the same time.
  • Couldn't get him dressed. Until he saw one of Mackenzie's 'dresses,' which is a sleevless shirt of hers, which looks like a dress on him. Now he looks like a really cute little girl.
  • He just took my hand to dance. Ah, my sweet little boy who's dressed like a girl.
  • Gosh it's quiet without the sister here.
  • Okay, as cute as Zachy looks in a dress, sort of missing his cute little boy look.
  • We're playing with balls and the playhut. And smushing our faces together through the playhut mesh, which makes him laugh, which is adorable.
  • He tired of his dress and decided to put on a Mickey Mouse T-shirt. I have a little boy again. A cute one.
  • Zachy wants IN his pack n play. Works for me. Time for Mommy to exercise.
  • Onto to lunch.: Egg salad, crackers, cheese and peas. Golly he ate quite a bit.
  • How 'bout some lunch time peek a boo?
  • Naptime.
  • And that concludes our morning. Together. Me and the best boy I know. In the world.
While I'm here...some of Zachy's favorite things right now are:
  • Wow Wow Wubzy
  • Dare I say he has recently found out about...Barney. What is it with the purple Dinosaur?
  • Dancing. The other day I said the word Dance in a conversation and he started to.
  • Laughing. He has the happiest laugh.
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Sand and Digging
  • Zucchini! Who'da thunk? He devours it!
  • Bikes - he really wants to figure out how to ride them.
  • Trains - Choo Choo!
  • His Gunky, of course.
  • Running around (away) naked.
What'd I learn today after spending a good amount of time alone with my little boy? Really nothing I don't know. He's an easy going little guy. Fun to be around. A simple delight. He loves to laugh and joke around. He also love uggles, AKA snuggles. He's good at asking for what he wants, when you have the time to listen! He's amazing. And I am veryVeryVERY lucky.

Thanks for a nice time my sweet baby boy, whom I can hear chatting away in your crib.






No comments:

Post a Comment