Sunday, April 24, 2011

BulletPointMommaReporting

 I know, I said it last week, I am so neglectful right now. And you guys are as cute as ever. This whole moving thing has me preoccupied. Hugely.

Although I have been lagging on the blogfront, I have been posting and status updating on Twitter and Facebook and writing things down when I get the chance.

So, what I'm going to do, for today, is yet another cop out post full of bullet points. That's right, I'm totally a 'Bullet-Point Momma.' Better than nothing, right? And an easy way to post a bunch of happenings.

This, my sweet babies, is just a very little bit of what's been going on (and not necessarily in order...sorry!):

  • mackenzie just made herself a PB&J with cheese. she says it's good. i'll take her word for it.
  • okay. time to get grounded in reality. last week i was preoccupied with house buying. this week i need to be a mom again. zachy and mackenzie - who took over while i was 'gone' - will be very very disappointed I'm sure.
  • thanks to my being completely distracted this last week, mackenzie has started to 'take care of'' zachy. that's the good news. and the bad news.
  • you know it's bad when she asks if they can have juice. he starts yelling ju! ju! i say no. it gets quiet. five minutes later they both come walking up to me, laughing, with juice boxes.
  • z  just saw his 1st medevac in the field behind us. he's excited. nothing like a plane landing in your backyard for a 20 mo old.
  • mackenzie: is it spring? me: yes. mackenzie: does that mean the fever is going to come out? and the chipmunks?
  • z can be fine and happy and the minute he hears my voice, it's all over..mommmmmyyyyyy.....
  • i asked mackenzie if she knew another child's name from a different class at the totcollege and she said no, but she comes with a big sister like zachy does.
  • zach and mackenzie are playing babies together. he's pushing the red buggy. she's bossing him around. too cute.
  • i'm house hunting online and the kids, 1&3, are fending for themselves. this can't be good. better focus. on them that is.
  • mackenzie: zach's my baby tinkerbelle. he's thrilled, i'm sure.
  • m saw tinkerbelle at the mall. i've had to call her that since.
  • vvzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs zzzzz z zs zszzzzzz z zzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz (today's facebook status brought to you by the one and only zachy!)
  •  woke up to several inches of snow. in april. in arizona.
  • m: a nice mommy takes care of the babies and daddys. momma: who takes care of mommys? m: nobody.
  • z is perfecting his ability to go boneless and have hulk-like strength when he doesn't want to do something.
  • m, of course: i'm a good mommy. i don't yell. i don't argue. i say yes, yes, yes all day long.
  • m, yet again: i will be kid while i have the cookie and then i can turn back into a baby. and she's serious. it's like she's always one step ahead.
  • hearing daddy read 'pinkalicious' m...hilarious.
  • momma just did her first if it's on the floor, it's mine speech. unfortunately, for me, i was talking about cut up pieces of paper.
  • mackenzie is all about BFF saige these days. I asked her if she still plays with jojo. she said, 'yes, but sometimes she plays with other friends and sometimes I play with other friends. sometimes it's good to play with other friends.' is she really 3?
  • before school on thursday, m said momma, i can't wait to go to school and play with jordan 'palvlenie'. she always hugs me momma. why do you think she hugs me?
  • the other day i said the word dance in a sentence and zachy started to. on cue. just like that.
  • zachy identify toots now. by name. and laughter.
  • he also likes to make pretend toots on his hand. he's a boy. for sure.
  • i asked dad one day if he had done something on purpose. he said he had not and m said, it was on accident. i was impressed.
  • they have been way too cute lately. one night before bed they hugged. and hugged. and hugged.
  • tonight before bed m said to z come on! they ran out of the room. then back in laughing. then back out. then back in laughing. for no real reason. just to have fun. no better reason, i suppose.
Hardly does you two justice. Things have been good lately. Really, really good. I'm excited for us to get to our new home and Mackenzie is as well. Life is in limbo as we wait to go. But we're doing alright. Better than alright.

Just call me Baby Tinkerbelle!

Momma Tinkerbelle with Baby Tinkerbelle.

Our last snow of the season...

....and at this house.

Sissy in Charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment