Monday, January 10, 2011

TotboyAndLollipopStealer

My kids seem to develop and do amazing things days much faster than I can possibly find the time to adequately document. It's constant. They are such little developmental sponges.

Zachy is a little totboy now. He's no longer a baby. He is full on tot. Still not in a defiant way, not yet anyway. But, he's grown. His wobble walk is less wobble. He tries to run now. That's pretty priceless. Today he learned how to point to his nose and ears and wiggle his hands, all in one day. He already had the tummy and the head down. He was playing Peek-A-Boo and, very softly and deliberately, said, 'ee ba boo.' He practices new words all the time. His actual vocabulary is still pretty minimal, although I suspect he says a lot more than we realise. And regardless of his use of actual words, he communicates what he wants very well and understands seemingly just about everything.

He imitates Mackenzie now. Loves to do what she is doing, which at times is okay and other times not so okay. One day she was pretending to fix her kitchen with some tools. He wanted some of that action, bad. But Mackenzie was not in the mood to share her game or the tools. Later, after she had gone to bed (he stays up about a half hour later), he went right to the tools and started to fix away. He even reproduced the sounds she was having her tools make.

Today they played doctor. More like Mackenzie played doctor and he decided, after she forced him, to comply. I look over and he's laying there while she examines him. When I walked over she asked me to take off his shirt. I didn't. But I laughed. When she was finished, she said, 'Your baby was very patient today.' She doesn't miss a beat, that girl of mine.

Things have been pretty good lately. Zachy is sleeping better and OHMEGOSH he goes down to sleep by himself. He cries for a minute or so (tonight just a whimper) and is quiet. Now if only I could get the three old to follow suit! I am convinced she is going to cosleep until she leaves the house. This morning she woke up and I was already out of bed and she came out and said, 'Momma, I was worried about you.' Probably more like she was a bit scared (she has definitely entered the stage of the scaries), but it was sweet nonetheless.

Oh, and BIG NEWS....Mackenzie got a real haircut (1-8-10)! Well, I cut it. She had gone with me to get a haircut and I asked about her hair, which I think might make the Guinness Book of World Records for slowest hair to ever come in. But it was cotton candy like in the back. The woman who was cutting my hair explained to me that I needed to cut it regularly in short layers to keep it healthy and growing in (Rookie Mom, I know). Mackenzie would not let her cut her hair, but the stylist showed me basically what I needed to do and I did when we got home and it looks a TON better! Yay! I know she still wants 'True Princess Hair' (Shame on you Dora the Explorer), but I think just seeing real hair on the floor felt good for her.

I cannot believe how fast they are growing up. They learn new things and change every single day. It's impossible to keep up with! They are constantly doing things that amaze me. They make me smile. They make me laugh. And, yes they make me crazy. But at the end of the day, I will have inevitably fallen more in love with both of them.

Now, for a few TotMusings...
  • Last Spring Mackenzie and I went on an 'Adventure.' First stop was the car wash and, despite all we did afterward, all she could talk about was how much she did not like the carwash. On Saturday I asked her if she wanted to go on an 'Adventure.' Her response, 'Okay Momma. But I no like the car wash very much.'
  • Mackenzie and Zachy were playing Merry-Go-Round; Her 'spinning' him around on an upside down Little Tikes Table. She would say, 'Zachy do you like this?' And he would say, 'YAH!' Trust me, hearing a sixteen month old and a three year say that over and over again is very amusing!
  • Zachy loves meat and cheese sandwiches. Actually, what he really loves is the process of taking out the meat and cheese and eating it. He dismantles the sandwich, bit by bit. It's intense.
  • Mackenzie called Zachy 'Dude' the other day. I have NO idea where she got that.
  • The other day a plane was in the sky and Zachy started to wave and say, Bye bye. Mackenzie did the same thing at his age - it's in the Tot A curriculum, I suppose.
  • Mackenzie likes Lollipops. Today she manipulatively told me to go in Zachy's Room, while looking at the Lollipops. I played along and she came and found me and said, I a Lollipop Sneaker! I going to tell everybody I a Lollipop Sneaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment