Monday, January 3, 2011

RunningRamble

I have been off of work for fourteen days, not intentionally. I only work two as it is. I last worked two weeks ago today. With the holidays, I had some holiday time and then I was supposed to work last Thursday, but weather prevented that, so I have been off for fourteen days. Tomorrow I go back to work and the kids return to Totcollege. Not sure if I'm ready for real life, but we gotta do what we gotta do. Right?

Thought I'd do a rambling post today as the day goes on. Things from today as well as any things I think of that I have not documented. So, here I go...
  • Zachy says 'Milk' now. And 'Yah,' when you ask him if he wants something and he does. If he doesn't, he shakes his head 'No.'
  • Mackenzie is watching 'Birth Day,' a television show about birthing. I tried to change the channel and she asked if she could watch it for a little bit longer. I guess that's okay? (She did stop watching before the more graphic parts hit, in case anybody is concerned.)
  • Mackenzie now likes playing 'Restaurant Leader;' Translation: Waitress. (And actually, she pronounces it 'Astronaut Leader,' but definitely means Restaurant.) She also likes to play 'Hotel.' She still plays 'Baby,' but doesn't like it as much since I refuse to let her continue to waste diapers. She also likes to play 'Puppy' and we have to drop her off at 'Doggy School.'
  • My Mom said that Zachy looks like a Precious Moment's character. She's right. He is totally that S.W.E.E.T.! His big eyes along with his flirtatious smirk seem to be saying, 'Who me?'
  • Mackenzie likes cold rice and cold noodles. No heating up means one less step for me. Like it.
  • Zachy comes up with 'games' now that he likes to do over and over and he gets that toddler belly laugh thing going on in anticipation of the coming 'event.' Last night it was me kissing his bum bum. Cute at first, strange after awhile.
  • 'We ever not going to get to it to work. Sorrry!' Mackenzie now uses the word 'ever' a lot and it's cute to hear how she uses it. Her language development is phenomenal.
  • I get so amused when Zachy and Mackenzie play together, I always wonder what he thinks is going on. Something tells me it's not what she thinks is going on!
  • Mackenzie now calls Zachy either 'Zacker' or 'Ding Dong.' I think she got the latter from my Mom. Nice job Grammy!
  • Before leaving for California, I told Mackenzie that we were leaving after Dad took care of the cats, Buddy and Rainbow and Oliver. She asked, 'What about Missy?' referring to the Feral cat who lives outside and then found Dad to make sure he was going to take care of her too. Isn't that kind? Now, if only I could extend that to her father, her brother and me.
  • 'I sure I are did.' Her response to me asking if she really got all the 'poopy out of her bum bum.'
  • Mackenzie is playing 'Grocery Store' and Zachy is throwing away dog food, one piece at a time.
  • 'And I already say to you that you ARE getting me Puffs.' After I told her, 'I already said you are not having Puffs.'
  • Zachy playing carrying a baby in one hand a purse in the other. Meanwhile, Mackenzie plays cars.
  • I think she just called me a 'Spitty-Poo.' Gotta hand it to the Girl. Creative use of insults.
  • I pulled out Zachy's Little Wheelies track and said we need some cars. He bent down and picked one up and said, 'Car!' I loveLoveLOVE how much he understands and communicates.
  • It seriously breaks my heart when I put Zachy down for his nap and cries. He looks so hurt. Today he only cried for two or three minutes, but, at the time, it feels like forever.
  • Oh where, oh where did that green ball go? Oh where, oh where could it be?
  • Zachy woke up after about 53 minutes. Had a second cry it out. Ick. Lasted longer, but I think he's back asleep. :-(
  • Mackenzie won't nap. This should make for a happy girl in an hour or so. But, it means early bed. Last night she and I were actually arguing about her going to bed. She was trying to go to bed earlier than I wanted her to (because she had napped and was tired). Six forty-five, she was O.U.T.
  • Mackenzie is outside in 40'something degree weather with a dress and shoes, no pants or tights. I finally got her to put a jacket on. Oh, did I mention that the ground is covered in snow?
  • We were at Costco the other day and Zachy was in a stroller, trying to get out. He was yelling at folks walking by and I swear he was trying to get somebody to free him. But he wasn't fussing, which just made it funny.
  • 'Come pick up your beautiful baby.' Mackenzie playing 'Baby' at 'Babycollege.'
  • Have I mentioned how C.U.T.E. Zachy looks when he dances? He is a lover of music!
  • Note to self: When cooking a grain or a pasta or a grain pasta you have not used in a long time, seek direction. Today's disaster involved Orzo.
  • Sometimes Zachy just walks up to me, laughs and walks away. What exactly is so funny, my little sixteen month old?
  • Zachy and Mackenzie playing tag. Priceless.
  • Sometimes Zachy just walks up, looks at me with his big eyes, hugs my legs, and says, 'Up.' Melting just thinking about it.
  • Mackenzie is just plain a cuddle bug. She snuggles like crazy. I love it. Totally.
  • Gosh I'm going to miss my babies tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment