Friday, May 6, 2011

TheWishPresent

Mackenzie had an eyelash on her cheek a few days ago. I put it on my finger, told her to blow it off and make a wish. She was a bit confused, but she blew anyway. I asked her what her 'wish' was. She thought about it. True to her three year old self, she said, A present. Of course.

Five minutes later she went looking for her present. Bygosh the girl catches on quick. Mommy suddenly finds herself regretting the whole make-a-wish thing. But she'll forget, right?

The next morning, she wakes up, smiles and says, Let's go see if my wish present is here yet. Searching all over. Nope, not yet. Mailman comes, Let's go check the mail, see if my wish present is here yet. Nope, not yet.

Mommy is thinking to herself: Fantastic. My daughter makes her first wish and it's going to shatter her forever if it doesn't come true. She'll never have hope again.

Then the next day comes.

The mail comes.

There it is.

Her WishPresent...


A Wow-Wow-Wubbzy DVD.  Her favorite show. Just in time for moving.  So she won't be without when we're without cable.

How did the Wish-Fairy know?

No comments:

Post a Comment