Saturday, May 28, 2011

MishMashFromTown

So far behind...but today seems like a good day for a MishMash...
  • Zachy was up every two hours last night. Reminded me of the good ol' days until I remembered that back then he was up every four hours. For the first year of his life. Not the same. Not at all.
  • Went to Walmart. Kids got toothbrushes. Cheap dates.
  • Mackenzie picked a Spider Man toothbrush. I had no idea she knew who he was. Or Snow White or Cinderella for that matter.
  • Mackenzie took a bag with two changes of shoes. She did in fact change her shoes during our short stay. Twice.
  • We're taking a casserole over to Momma Julie. Mackenzie is going to share a princess band-aid. What a good friend!
  • Zachy understands 'turns.' Yesterday I was mopping and he frantically said, Turn, Turn. Only problem was, once it was his 'turn,' the turn-taking was over.
  • Just got back from Momma Julie's. Mackenzie wore her bathing suit. Zachy fearlessly tried to ride a big kid bike.
  • Yesterday Zachy helped me mop.  Today Mackenzie helped me clean the bathroom. Lucky me. I'll leave it at that.
  • My kids make me smile. Each and every day they do something. A lot.
  • Mackenzie's play is revolving around a cell phone. I am ashamed. Okay, I'm not, but I should be.
  • Aw, Mackenzie just walked up to me and said Mommy, I don't want to be a Mommy or a Daddy anymore. What do you want to be now, I asked. Just a kid.
  • Mackenzie and Zachy got to meet a potential babysitter friend. She (M) wow'd her with her poopy talk and Tinkerbell play. Zachy wow'd them with his chatter. He gets so serious.
  • Family went to Red Robin tonight. Once the kids at the next table got balloons, it was all over.
  • Zachy didn't want to go to bed tonight. So he engaged me in a game of strollers. If I tried to stop, he'd grab my hand and place it back on my stroller. And then crash his into mine. And yell Crash!
  • After the crash game, he engaged me in a tickle game. 'Gain, 'gain he said while laughing hysterically with that cute Zachy giggle.
  • Before we moved, I told Mackenzie we were moving to 'town,' so now she calls our new home 'Town.' It sounds really cute when she says it.
Both kids are happy and asleep. Another fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment