Sunday, May 29, 2011

PreschoolBlessings

A couple of weeks ago we had a Curriculum Night at the Preschool followed by a Parent Teacher conference for Mackenzie the next week.

At curriculum night, there were just a few parents there, mostly parents who also had kids that have been in the program since the baby room. Miss Anne and Miss Sara along with Miss Vickey the Director could not say enough about this class as a whole. They spoke about how bonded they are and what good friends they are to one another. This seems to be in large part because a core group of them, including Mackenzie, have been together since they were babies. When new kids come in, they are welcomed and quickly adapt to the tone of the class.

I can see how special it is there. I know Mackenzie owns her school. She loves her friends and there is definitely a fondness for the few others who have made this journey with her: Saige, JoJo Emerson and Andrew. Slightly older and a bit ahead until this year are Teddy and Jordan S. Mackenzie's old M-W-F counterpart is now five days so Mackenzie has gotten to know Kennedy as well. Danielle has been around quite awhile, as have been Michael and Maverick.

After the parents got out and went to pick up the kids, Mackenzie was in the room happily playing. Her and "Saiger" hugged good-bye. Twice. Zachy was in there too. He got to play in the big kid's room and had a HUGE smile on his face when we walked in. Mr. Jon expressed what a good guy Zachy is. They love him everywhere, I tell you.

I worry what will happen when Mackenzie goes to Kindergarten, although I know she'll be fine. I hope she finds the magic there that she has found at FEC. If I know nothing else, I know that they have prepared her well. They have made school fun. They have her opened her mind and heart to learning. Could I ask for anything more?

As Zachy makes his way through the program, I have every bit of confidence that he will also take away a love for learning. I have every bit of confidence that he too will continue to benefit from the nurturing and enriched learning opportunities they provide.

I have said it before, but I feel so Blessed that my kids and our family are a part of such a wonderful community.

No comments:

Post a Comment