Friday, November 18, 2011

SoLongSummer

Oh my. I have really gotten far behind. Looks like I posted something in September...two months ago! I am also behind on uploading photos and probably taking them. I have to say, what a change! Being too busy to write about it.

So, how was our summer? Yes, I know it's November, but I really lagged in blogging over the summer. I think I did okay part of it...but as things got moving...

Anyway, enough of the excuses. I need to just get to the point.

Kids took their first swimming lessons and we spent a bit of time at the pool at the 'Y.' Mackenzie got a lot more comfortable in the water, despite screaming through much of her lessons. Zach got comfortable in his own way, but was not too open to lessons quite yet. Maybe next year.


On warm days, we got inventive and stuck the little climber in the little pool. Added some extra fun to the backyard swimming. Next year, it's going to be bigger and better! Oh, and the astroturf...maybe next year we'll try grass, but it's hard here in the desert, so maybe more astroturf...haha.



Of course we spent time at parks...parks...parks...



And went on family hikes....



The kids both celebrated their birthdays. Turned 4 and 2. To say time flies, is an understatement of magnificent proportion. Mackenzie had a Wizard of Oz themed party at none other than....Go Bananas. She had friends from school there as well as her friends from 'home.' My #1 goal was obtained, she felt special. What more could I ask for?


Did I cry when everyone sang Happy Birthday? You betcha.



Zachy turned 2 with a BBQ at home. Two parties in less than a week, I was pretty impressed with myself. For Zach, we did a Thomas the  Train theme. I later saw the cake decorator at Fry's grocery and told her how special my Zachy felt when he saw his cake. Showed her picture of him. She said he made her day.


Opening his preparty gift in the morning. I should have posted the picture of Mackenzie watching. She was traumatized. How dare he have a party!


Waiting for his cake. Waiting for everyone to celebrate him turning 2 on the day he was born. Did I cry yet again? You betcha.



While my kid's turning 4 & 2 was a big deal, we here in Prescott also got to be part of the kick off to Arizona celebrating their centennial. Our town hosted the first of a series of Best Fests in Arizona. What a wonderful job they did. I went with both kids...separately.

Mackenzie enjoyed some pink lemonade on the courthouse steps.


Zach got really involved and loved the petting zoo and even made a cow craft.



Zachy moved to the Toddler B class. Here he is on his first day. Riding a bike, of course. in a fireman hat, of course. He has been loving it there. How couldn't he? Miss Lisa has a gift.


Here is the beginnings of his Toddler B picture for the friend wall. He colored it and put Thomas stickers on.


Mackenzie started ballet. She seems to really enjoy it. Some days she feels a bit shy, but in her words, she 'works through it.' Crossing my fingers that she will work through it for her class's little in house recital for Christmas. But if not, there's always next year! I am just proud of how much she is trying and putting herself out there.



And Zachy, he loves watching. At home he loves to copy his big sister's moves. Too cute.


Bygosh, that hardly summarizes our summer by any stretch of the imagination. We spent lots of time at the zoo, continued with our gymnastics (Zach started up too), had visits from Grandmas and Grandpas, took a trip to Out of Africa Wild Animal Park. Hot days we hung out in the mall, rode their little rides, played at Go Bananas. We played with friends. Just had funFunFUN! Maybe, just maybe I'll get some Fall pictures together...before Christmas. Maybe just maybe, I'll get more consistent with this thing, cause I love you guys, my sweet Mackenzie and my sweet Zachy and this is, afterall, for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment